Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 2

During the second week of class, we discussed Chapter one and how to communicate effectively. The powerpoint discussed how to handle cultural differences in the workplace. When you are working with people from different cultures you have to be considerate and respectful of their beliefs and traditions. Thursday we were assigned the Business Communication Interview. I have decided to interview my Dad who works for a company called Ahold. I think this will be a good opportunity to learn more about my Dad’s job how he handles situations. Since he is project manager of his team, he is constantly communicating with others and having to solve problems within the company. At home, he is on conference calls with people from other countries such as India. I will be able to find out how he handles working with people from different ethnicities.

No comments:

Post a Comment